Friday, August 8, 2014

What's Your Motivation To Get Moving?

With busy lives juggling work, kids and home life it's hard to find time and energy to exercise. I totally get it! The funny thing is the very thing we feel we do not have the energy for is oftentimes the VERY thing we should be doing that will actually help us be more productive and enjoy the things we already have going on in our lives. At least that's what I think and is part of my motivational drive to keep moving, exercise, in order to live longer and enjoy an active, mobile lifestyle with my friends and family. The more we move, exercise, the more energy we have to do what we want. My other motivation is the fact that heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's all run in my family, affecting especially hard the women in my family. Also, I was recently diagnosed with Sjögren's syndrome a chronic autoimmune disease in which a person’s white blood cells attack their moisture-producing glands. I experience fatigue, joint pain, dry eyes and other symptoms often. What helps me most- exercise. Consistent, regular exercise is one of the few things that has been proven to help ward off Alzheimer's, heart disease and diabetes, as well as keep those joints lubricated and functional, along with eating a healthy diet. That's what keeps me going. Honestly, I want to be around for awhile. What's your motivation and how will it help you get moving and/or stay moving? Yours in exercise, Shannon
Photo of me that my daughter took during one of my outdoor
exercise classes a couple of years ago.
I love being outside and moving!

No comments: