create a new future for themselves and their children that is free of abuse, coercion and fear.
Last year, BAK helped 155 women and 223 children move towards a safer
future. Some families stayed a week, others stayed several months.
Did You Know?
- Domestic Violence occurs in all age, racial, gender, religious, socio-economic, educational and occupational groups;
- Is used to intimidate, humiliate and frighten as a way of maintaining power and control;
- Has a devastating, lifelong impact on the young children who witness family violence.
We will be accepting the following winter supplies for BAK:
- Mittens, gloves, hats, scarves- Adult & Kid Size (New)
- Winter Coats- Kids (Gently Used, New)
- Flannel Sheets- Twin (New)
- Fleece blankets (New)
- Diapers & Baby Wipes
- Full Size Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash lotion)
- Towels & wash clothes
- Gift Cards to Target, grocery stores, gas stations, etc.)
Donations can be dropped off at the Joy of Fitness studio:
Woodmoor Shopping Center
Suite 131- Dark Lotus Studio
10111 Colesville Rd.
Silver Spring, MD 20901
** We will be accepting donations during our class hours (see schedule) starting Friday, November 21 through Friday, December 19. **